Old April 13th 20, 02:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default 100mp medium format digitals. High priced real, or just priced for the bracket?

On Apr 12, 2020, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

On Sat, 11 Apr 2020 21:44:39 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Saturday, 11 April 2020 23:15:10 UTC-4, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Sat, 11 Apr 2020 12:47:55 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

IF they truly can make a cheaper 100mp (not much use in doing 50, they've already exceeded that with FF, but then the 50mp would be less noisy) they should do it fast because pretty soon, multi-shot HR images handheld will become the norm.

https://petapixel.com/2020/04/11/fuj...aller-lighter/

"perhaps other camera manufacturers will be emboldened to take the
leap into medium format as well."

Isn't this where it all started? https://www.nicovandijk.net/D1a.JPG
Its gone a long way from there.

Eric Stevens

That, an Kodak/Nikon, Kodak/Canon and I think, Nikon/Fuji which predated the D1.

Those were all experimental but the Nikon D1 was the first to hit the
market, and it was medium format.

The Nikon D1 medium format??

....and here I was believing it to be a DX sensor camera. I must have missed something in the development of MF sensor cameras.

Savageduck