Old December 16th 11, 09:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_3_]

Default What is the oldest digital pic you have on your computer?

On 2011-12-14 11:15:38 -0800, tony cooper said:

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:04:04 -0800, Savageduck

On 2011-12-14 09:58:32 -0800, tony cooper said:

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 23:09:25 -0800, Savageduck

On 2011-12-13 22:05:50 -0800, tony cooper said:

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 16:52:32 -0800, Savageduck

On 2011-12-13 13:21:17 -0800, rwalker said:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 20:28:18 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

Well if we are getting into "old" this is a scan of my wife's
grandmother's bridal shot.
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Evans-05AW1Cw.jpg

Some of those old photographers' backdrops were pretty amazing.

That wasn't a backdrop.

Quite. But what is the area between the stairway pillar post and the
subject? Is that airbrushing, repair, or what?

Great photo!

If you are referring to the right side of the image, I believe that is
a filtered sunlight coming through the lead light windows. It might
also be an artifact off a plate.

The only repair on that image was fixing a tear to the mat, a fix in
the upper left corner, and some spots.
The house was a manor in Ireland belonging to the bride's, Allardyce family.
Here is the image pre-my-repair.
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Evans-05Aw.jpg

I just posted that I don't think the entire setting is part of a room,
but you may have some knowledge of the image that I don't have.
Everything back of the steps looks like a painting to me.

I don't remember the relationship, but Allardyces are in my family
tree. East coast American, though.

Never having travelled to Ireland, I can't say that I have ever seen
this manor house, but both my wife and my father-in-law waxed eloquent
regarding being familiar with that stair case, and I trust that their
recollection was valid.

The Allardyces were the Irish faction of my wife's family on her
mother's side. I still have some of the Allardyce 18th & 19th century
silver, which was willed to my wife and I am taking care of for my
step-daughter-from-Hell.

I don't believe any of their family migrated to the US, as I was
repeatedly educated with regard to the family history and lore.

Allardyce is a Scottish name, but there were Allerdyces in Ulster;
descendants of the Plantation Irish. Family descendants moved,
though, so your Allerdyces could have been from anywhere in Ireland.

These Allardyces were in Ireland before the partition and the patriarch
was certainly part of the Irish gentry, and they were established there
in the late 18th century.

The Plantations of Ireland were in the 16th and 17th century.

I have no idea of these Allardyces being "Plantation Irish", you
introduced that idea with regard to your family. All I know is these
Allardyces were established in Ireland in the mid to late 18th century.
These were part of my wife's family who remain almost completely within
the British Isles, and none were known to have immigrated to the USA.
The exception being my wife who became a naturalized US citizen in 1989.

Savageduck