Old September 14th 04, 12:18 AM
Dave

Default Suggestions for Greeting Cards?

Greetings!
My wife and I would like to start using some of our digital pix for greeting
cards and have a few questions.
As we are working in low (spelled NO) budget mode, we want to obtain the
best possible results with our existing printers.
HP PSC 1210 3-in-1
Cannon 1560s
Lexmark X75 3-in-1

As you may have seen, I posted earlier,
...) about editing software, so we
do not know which program(s) we will be using to edit and print.
However, here is what we would like to attempt. We would like to either
print and glue 4x6 prints onto card stock, or print directly onto card
stock. We have 300+ Canon "Photo Paper Plus Glossy" 92 iso, 270g/m(2), 10.5
mil. cards. We believe it will be less expensive to print and glue, as we
have some card stock already. At least in the beginning, as we learn
editing / printing techniques.
We are attempting quality, not quantity.

Which printer should give us the best results? Are there any special tips
for using each printer?
When we do buy paper / card stock, is there a decent quality stock that will
fold well, have a good weight, and still print a good quality photo?
Is there any way to conserve ink while we are experimenting?

We are willing to experiment, and would appreciate any & all suggestions.

TIA!

-- Dave