Old September 12th 12, 10:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Default Sony a99 / a99v

On 2012.09.12 17:06 , RichA wrote:
On Sep 12, 4:30 pm, Alan Browne
wrote:
The full frame a99 is announced in two flavours, the 'v' model having a
GPS receiver to tag photos. (Though there is a 3 hole "GPS" position
behind the accessory connection panel suggesting the GPS is an "add on"
and not a "built in" - need to see more on this).

Per one site, only the 'v' model will be offered in the US (I presume
Canada as well).

$2800.

I'll stick to my a900 for now I guess (with separate GPS to record
locations).

[sorry for the double post to rpd, meant to x-post to both groups]

--
"C'mon boys, you're not laying pipe!".
-John Keating.

Looks a little like a Canon.