Old October 27th 11, 07:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

Default Told you Sony's 24mp sensor was noisy

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 06:51:02 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

On Oct 26, 11:29*am, Bowser wrote:
On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 22:04:16 -0500, Rich wrote:
I noticed it in the NEX-7 results and now, it seems that the SLT-A77 has
the issue. *However, the camera does show really high resolution.
The Pentax K5 remains the noise control king of APS.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonyslta77/page14.asp

But the NEX looks better than the A77 since it receives more light. I
expected higher noise levels from the more densely packed sensor, but
what I'd like to see is prints from these cams. Viewing these images
at 100% on screen tells me little.

My NEX 7 is still on pre-order.

I'm still wondering about a choice. A new "pro" Panasonic m4/3rds is
due and Sony's production is compromised.

I think the best we can hope for in the GX1 is the sensor in the G3.
Good, not in Sony's class. I think that the sensor in the NEX 7, when
not handicapped by a pellicle mirror will be about a stop better. Just
guessing. For me, if it's good up to ISO 3200 I'm OK with it.