Old August 1st 09, 07:53 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Richard[_5_]

Default [SI] New Mandate: Interesting (see description)

"GavinS" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 08:13:19 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

"Interesting." Shoot a picture of something that the viewer of the pic,
not
necessarily you, find interesting.

Excuse me, but that's the whole point of all photography. Was I supposed
be taking photographs of things that only I'm interested in all my life?
How silly of me. If I can't capture an image that others will find
interesting then what's the point? I find this theme of yours rather
strange I guess. Even stranger is any "photographer" who would think that
it is supposed to be some kind of unique category or challenge.

Well, excuse me. I take photos for my own selfish ends. If others find them
interesting bothers me not one bit. Sometimes they do mostly they don't,
what difference does it make?
To take a photo that truly interests everyone else is a pretty tough task.
Just my opinion.