Old November 27th 06, 07:59 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Dave Balderstone

Default Minimal software to download Canon PowerShot to Mac?

In article , Cosmik Debris
wrote:

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 19:54:33 +1300, G.T. wrote:

Erik Richard Sørensen wrote:
Hei Mike
Strange - I know a lot of people here, who are using Canon cameras -
especially the EOSD and IXUS models. (Some IXUS models in Wurope are
identical to some A-models in the US). _ALL_ of these just pop up as
HDs when connected...

Digital Rebels and Powershots don't do USB mass storage, I didn't think
the other models did either. It's one of the lame things about Canons.

I don't know what a Rebel is but the Powershot that we buy in this part of
the world certainly just plug into the USB bus. The Mac recognises them
with no other software required to load into iPhoto.

We shoot EOS 10Ds and 20Ds here. They plug in via USB, and iPhoto
grabs the images.