Old August 22nd 16, 03:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Dpreview apparently declares Nikon's forlorn System 1 DEAD!(Mercy killing?)

On 2016-08-22 01:25:40 +0000, PeterN said:

On 8/21/2016 8:08 PM, Savageduck wrote:

snip

Anything is possible. Now that I have adopted the Fuji X-series, along
with four useful Fuji XF lenses I am eyeing the X-T2, and at least two
to three more XF lenses. If I ever buy another Nikon it is most likley
to be a D500 or one of its descendants.

I have friends with the Fuji X series who are absolutely delighted.
Another fellow CC member uses the Sony series, and was as excited as
a teen aged virgin with his first topless date, when Sony announced
the latest converter for Nikon lenses.

Just as there are X-mount converters for Nikon, Conon, and "M" lenses.

Meanwhile i am really happy with my 500 & 800 combinations. I just
wonder why they didn't use the CF card for the D500/

I guess the reason for SD rather than CF is, they have been able to
achieve equal or better performance out of modern SD cards to that
provided by CF cards. Add to that the bonus of being able to design a
more compact 2 slot memory port.

It uses an a XQD pus and an SD. Nikonw slams it provides much faster
processing.

--
PeterN