Old August 22nd 16, 03:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

Default Dpreview apparently declares Nikon's forlorn System 1 DEAD!(Mercy killing?)

On 22/08/2016 11:28, android wrote:
On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 10:02:06 +0100, David Taylor
wrote in
:

On 22/08/2016 06:46, android wrote:
[]
I also think that they are waiting in vain since any sensor smaller
than halfframe (APS-C) is silly for serious photography.

Have you actually used any recent micro four thirds kit?

Why??? Bigger is better!

They said that full-frame 35 mm was too small for serious photography
too, once.

My Zeiss Nettar (6x6) produced some really nice negs. Those are
mysteriously lost unfortunately... :-P

You should try one of the MFT cameras and see whether they meet your
needs. I've used cameras from 2 1/4 square down to MFT and find that
MFT meets my needs for "serious" photography, but of course it may not
meet yours. Actually, the smartphone camera is good enough for me for
many purposes, when actually having the camera to hand is more important
than the last step in image quality.

--
Cheers,
David