Old October 22nd 17, 04:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Reason for an image, was ( Care for Some Gum?)

On Oct 21, 2017, Ron C wrote
(in ):

On 10/20/2017 9:59 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 10/20/2017 9:24 PM, Ron C wrote:
On 10/20/2017 7:37 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 10/20/2017 1:48 PM, Ron C wrote:
On 10/20/2017 10:47 AM, PeterN wrote:
On 10/20/2017 12:30 AM, Ron C wrote:

snip

For what little it's worth:
Summer's gone .. here's my current Halloween twitter header:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/89qs7etjg5...%20%233A%20.jp

Very imaginative and well executed. I like it. Fits Halloween
perfectly.
Thanks. Thought you might like it.

As I've said before, what matters is if you like it. If you have a
vision, and execute it to your satisfaction, that's what it is all
about.
I get that, but in a way it feels a bit too self centered.

When I mixed live sound I always did it to enhance the
audience experience. At the end of the night I had the
satisfaction that I had served well. Audience response
allowed me to evaluate my tweaks.

When on stage acting it was never about me, but
about connecting.
That said, my neighbor sent me an odd shot of my cat taken
with her phone. I gave it a rather extreme artistic work-over.

I'm not sure if I'm seeking an audience or adapting to the
one at hand. Anyway, I'll throw it out for an audience response:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qp19vpusxq5fp8f/Bucket-O-Keykat-3B%27.jpg

I hope the Duck is sitting down. The way I look at it, a
glow-electrification treatment should somehow blend and enhance the
image. I just don't see that in your image.

Here is an example of what I mean:
Most of my nurse friends love it. The nursing administrators, without a
sense of humor, don't.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3ec75bxvw1288r/Head%20Nurse.jpg?dl=0

I had to go back and review my image and think about why
I like it. For me it's all about the kabuki mask quality of cat's
expression; it totally cracks me up. That's totally a YMMV
thing.

I have been known to shoot the odd reluctant kitty.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s2p57l5fvkh8y8g/DSCF4285.jpg

Anyway, goes to your premise: ...would be boring if we
all liked the same things. :-)

Yup!

Savageduck