Old October 22nd 17, 04:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_7_]

Default Reason for an image, was ( Care for Some Gum?)

On 10/20/2017 10:54 PM, Ron C wrote:
On 10/20/2017 9:59 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 10/20/2017 9:24 PM, Ron C wrote:
On 10/20/2017 7:37 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 10/20/2017 1:48 PM, Ron C wrote:
On 10/20/2017 10:47 AM, PeterN wrote:
On 10/20/2017 12:30 AM, Ron C wrote:

snip

For what little it's worth:
Summer's gone .. here's my current Halloween twitter header:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/89qs7etjg5...20%233A%20.jpg

Very imaginative and well executed. I like it. Fits Halloween
perfectly.

Thanks. Thought you might like it.

As I've said before, what matters is if you like it. If you have a
vision, and execute it to your satisfaction, that's what it is all
about.

I get that, but in a way it feels a bit too self centered.

When I mixed live sound I always did it to enhance the
audience experience. At the end of the night I had the
satisfaction that I had served well. Audience response
allowed me to evaluate my tweaks.

When on stage acting it was never about me, but
about connecting.
~~
That said, my neighbor sent me an odd shot of my cat taken
with her phone. I gave it a rather extreme artistic work-over.

I'm not sure if I'm seeking an audience or adapting to the
one at hand. Anyway, I'll throw it out for an audience response:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qp19vpusxq...ykat-3B%27.jpg

I hope the Duck is sitting down. The way I look at it, a
glow-electrification treatment should somehow blend and enhance the
image. I just don't see that in your image.

Here is an example of what I mean:
Most of my nurse friends love it. The nursing administrators, without
a sense of humor, don't.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3ec75bxvw1288r/Head%20Nurse.jpg?dl=0

OK, no question the Duck is not a fan of that kind of treatment.
I did a bunch of variations and like this one as an abstraction.
The original photo was from my neighbor's phone. The quality
was too low to pull out a good realistic photo.
~
Um, are you really surprised that the nursing administrators
wouldn't respond well to that jab?* ;-)

There are some who can laugh at themselves. One hospital administrator,
who is a friend, thought about putting a print on his wall, but thought
better of it.

--
PeterN