Old February 20th 08, 03:22 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,sci.astro,rec.video.production
ushere

Default Serious question from a skeptic - practical realities of takingclear video/stills of UFO's?

Doc wrote:
On Feb 19, 8:35 pm, "Larry L [in Honolulu]"
wrote:

Actually no one I know with good video or even still equipment
keeps it ready, unprotected, and sitting on his car seat, as that
would be an invitation to have it stolen. My gear is always in a
case, at best in the trunk, and if I saw a UFO I'd have to consider
the time I'd spend not looking at it in order to get the camera out
and ready. Considering that most of these events don't last too
long, that might be a tough call.

I was thinking of gear kept in a house too, but anyway.

I hear the points you're making, but it just seems that by sheer
numbers, over the years - the circumstance of an event and someone
with gear ready would converge. Someone already doing a shoot at the
beach or other outdoor circumstances, someone videotaping from their
balcony, rooftop, wherever, you would think that by now someone would
have gotten a good shot of one of these "unexplained" objects,
showing it to be either a recognizeable craft or object or not.

after many years as a news cameraman, i always travelled with a cheap
instamatic in the glove compartment - now with an equally cheap digital
camera. over the years i have made a bit of money from snapping
the odd incident, scene, curiosity, whatever. and my motivation wasn't
financial, rather, there's many a strange thing you see on the road
you'd like to show your partner....

lesle