Old February 20th 08, 01:45 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,sci.astro,rec.video.production
David McCall[_2_]

Default Serious question from a skeptic - practical realities of taking clear video/stills of UFO's?

"Larry L [in Honolulu]" wrote in message

Actually no one I know with good video or even still equipment keeps it
ready, unprotected, and sitting on his car seat, as that would be an
invitation to have it stolen. My gear is always in a case, at best in the
trunk, and if I saw a UFO I'd have to consider the time I'd spend not
looking at it in order to get the camera out and ready. Considering that
most of these events don't last too long, that might be a tough call.

Larry [in Honolulu]

I had an SLR at the ready sitting on an open glovebox door.
The damn thing got up and hit me in the head.

It might not have done that if I hadn't fallen asleep and rolled the car.

40 years ago

David