Old December 27th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Pudentame

Default End of an Era

Laurence Payne wrote:
On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 17:46:13 -0500, Pudentame
wrote:

I currently have to be at work at 3:00am. It's just over 5 miles away,
slightly more than an hour walking. There's no bus service at that time
of night, and damn little at any other time. And the streets I'd have to
walk do not have sidewalks for over half that distance.

Got a bicycle?

Yes, but no place to secure it at work. Also no desire to ride up and
down that blind hill & curve at 2:30am, and especially not at 12:00 noon
coming home. It's a *VERY* busy street then, and there's a lot of
scofflaws who don't give a hoot about speed limits.

I've had to walk that way a couple of times when for some reason or
another I couldn't use my car.