Old June 2nd 13, 03:37 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_3_]

Default Another sign of the apocalypse

On 6/1/2013 10:11 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

I'm looking forward to seeing how their new video emphasis plays out in
print. Will it be of those arrangements where you riffle the edges of a stack of
pages, and the pictures thereon appear to move?

print is on its way out. people get their news online now for free,
including both stills and video.

it's also very difficult to monetize online news, although some do try
with varying success.

i PAY for my digital online subscriptions, at least the ones I read
regularly. So do most of my friends. We have an old fashioned philosophy
that if you use something, you ought to pay for it.

do you send money to every single web site you visit?

didn't think so.

You gave me a lot of time time to answer. However, your "question" is
not on point. The discussion was about information reporting bt
newspapers, and the change to digital content, a lot of which is free.
A lot isn't free, except on a trial basis.
--
PeterN