Old January 6th 12, 04:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
David Dyer-Bennet

Default What is the oldest digital pic you have on your computer?

Noons writes:

On Jan 5, 4:31*pm, Bruce wrote:

I have seen some outstanding results from inkjet prints of scans from
black and white film. *I haven't yet learned the necessary skills
because I can sell traditional prints at good prices. *The fact that
they are hand printed helps to sell them.

I'm a bit of a home printing nohope. Mostly because I can't seem to
find a print setup that will last more than 2 years: makers keep
changing the print heads/ink containers and quite frankly I don't play
that game anymore - too expensive! Most of my prints are done at a
specialty shop I've been using for a while. They do get tremendous
results on conventional paper. Of late I've also been taken with
their canvas printing: a novelty that I quite like the results of. Big
A3+ prints on canvas look almost hand-painted and are quite
spectacular, but they have to be processed/scanned a bit less dense
than for paper and the density/dynamic range is not as wide.

My current Epson inkjet printer is 6 years old, and cartridges are still
available both locally and through ATLEX and such places. If you're
seeing two-year product lifespans, you're buying consumer-grade printers
(*MINE* is a consumer-grade printer; the R800, limited to letter size,
not supporting good B&W printing).
--
David Dyer-Bennet, ; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info