Old October 13th 10, 08:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_16_]

Default The lens that no one covered during Photokina (Tokina 17-35mm f/4 FX)

[]
My only issue with Tokina is the time they take to get the lenses to the
vendors. There were shortages of the 11-16mm for months. None of the
vendors are even listing release dates for the FF lenses. So we shall
have to wait and see if they have anything on the shelves by the time I
would be able to find a good refurbished D700 next year.

...and then there will be the review circus.

Savageduck

My issue with Tokina is the lack of focus motor to support the non-pro
Nikon DSLRs. Instead of the 11-16mm Tokina, I ended up getting the Tamron
10-24mm, and the image quality is good enough for me. It's light and
compact, and has that extra zoom range over the Tokina. I did have the
Tokina on the camera, and it's a nice lens, and bright as well.

Cheers,
David