Old March 5th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Camera and Kodak Help

Adam M wrote:
Hi All

I was hoping that someone here could answer a few questions I have
regarding cameras in general and possibly point me in the direction of
a good camera.

Basically, I am looking for a 4/5MP camera with 2 - 3x optical zoom
that takes standard AA batteries and ideally SD cards. Budget is £100
or slightly more. I purchased a Benq DC520, however the image quality
is awful - a lot of noise and purple tinits when objects are against
the sky. (Any recommendations?)

I was also wondering if anyone knows if Kodak's cameras, for example
the CX7430 and C360, work with standard generic AA alkaline batteries
rather than the Kodak-branded rechargables. The reason I ask is that I
want to take a camera on holiday and don't want to worry about
recharging.

Thanks in advance

Adam

Any Kodak camera that uses AA batteries will work with generic NIMH
batteries, but most manuals warn against using alkaline batteries in
their cameras. I have a DC6440 and it specifically prohibits use of
alkaline batteries. NIMH, LI (disposables), CRV3, and RCRV3 batteries,
as well as Kodak NIMH battery pack should work in these cameras.