Old September 4th 10, 07:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ron

Default Canon T2i RAW in Photoshop CS3

"JimG" wrote in message
My T2i arrived this week and, as I was happily snapping test photos and
recognize the T2i's RAW format. I goggled for some help and, as I
understand it, 5.6 is the last Camera RAW plug-in update for CS3 and 5.7
is the first plug-in update that includes the T2i. In other words, I
can't use Canon's native RAW ( .CR2) in Photoshop CS3 as I had hoped.

After some more goggling it appears I can load the 5.6 update into
Photoshop CS3, run the T2i RAW photos (with a .CR2 extension) through the
Adobe DNG Converter, and then open those converted RAW photos (now with a
.DNG extension) in Photoshop. This seems to work.

My question then become, other than the conversion step, is do the DNG
photos contain all of the information that was contained in the CR2
photos? Is there any advantage to savings the CR2 photos once they are
converted to DNG photos?

You might try:

http://www.breezesys.com/BreezeBrowser/index.htm

It won't replace your CS3, but it will convert your RAW photos to TIFF or
JPG and allow a number of adjustments during the conversion. You can
download a copy for a free trial.

Ron