Old April 21st 12, 09:30 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Default frankencamera...

Alan Browne wrote,on my timestamp of 21/04/2012 6:06 AM:

Yep. Enlargement ratio (negative size to print) is actually the most important
aspect of DOF presentation. I'm surprised that Noonsie doesdn't know that.

And what'that got to do with size of sensor, moron?
DOF doesn't change ONE bit with size of sensor.
And you know that perfectly well.

f/0.7 Zeiss designs for NASA (Apollo program) and then further modified. It's
not clear to me if Kubric borrowed/rented/bought/stole the lenses from NASA or
if they were new lenses made for him.

And of course those were frankemcameras with large sensors?
In fact, I'm quite sure that sensor size is defined in "fn.n" units.
And that "negative size to print" had a lot to do with it, of course...