Old August 29th 04, 02:11 PM
Big Bill

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 04:14:40 -0500, Ron Hunter
wrote:

I love the GPS, and enjoyed using it on vacation this year (Alaskan
Cruise), and would love to have one with the moving map, but the idea of
trying to load several megabytes of data to it over a serial connection
is just NOT something I would undertake.

This is where you lose me.
set the transfer up, and go visit the buffet, or watch a whale, or
take a nap, or any of many other things. I don't need to sit in front
of the computer watching the progress of the transfer.
Setting up the data transfer must be done with any method; whether
it's serial port, USB, firewire, whatever.
Do you sit in front of the oven when it's cooking your meal?

Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"