Old September 29th 09, 08:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Priming new lithium ion battery for full capacity

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 20:46:54 -0700, John Navas
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:30:39 -0400, wrote in
:

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:28:47 +0100, Eddie wrote:

Does a new lithium ion battery need a few charge and discharge cycles
to be able to hold and delivery its full capacity?

ISTR a new lithium ion needed a few cycles but when I checked on how
much percentange improvement the extra cycles provided, I couldn't
find any clear recommendation.

A Li-ion battery has a limited number of full charge cycles.
No need to waste them. You'll get about 600 of them.

That varies considerably, but even at that number, a charge cycle or two
has no measurable effect on life.

The number 600 it at the high end. Other than an initial charge and
discharge to calibrate the low battery level electronics there is no
gain in a "few charge and discharge cycles". The gain in capacity
after a "few charge and discharge cycles" comes with other battery
technologies. Not Li-ion.