Old August 29th 04, 01:05 PM
Mxsmanic

Ron Hunter writes:

Of course it does. Many of the newer GPS receivers have moving map
displays with information for much of the US, but will limited detail.

Use a paper map, or use a memory card.

Software exists to load database information from localized areas that
will show every road, service station, post office, etc. in any local
area, or even for other countries. These data bases can be several
megabytes in size. Loading through a serial cable at the 'standard'
load speed of 9600bps would be like trying to bail the Alantic Ocean
with a teacup.

See above.

I just use my GPS for navigation, not for displaying pretty pictures.