Old January 18th 08, 11:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Richard Knoppow

Default Lens question please_Gundlach, Turner-Reich series II No. 1

"AAvK" wrote in message

some snipping of my stuff here...
--
Giant_Alex })))*
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

I suspect this is a later version of the Regno than
the one I was looking at. The publication this is in is
dated 1917. The Optimo was another shutter also made by
Wollensak. Older versions have a cocking lever at top
right but later ones have a push-button and a matching
button for tripping. This sounds similar.

It exactly does.

The hole near the tripping button is probably for a
fitting for a cable release. The later version probably
no longer has the air cylinder for an air release.

Okay, but there are no threads there.

The fitting may be missing. On most shutters the cable
release socket is a separate part held in with a nut or clip
or some other way. I've had to makeshift sockets for a
couple of Ilex shutters were they were missing.

--
---
Richard Knoppow