Old January 17th 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
AAvK[_3_]

Default Lens question please_Gundlach, Turner-Reich series II No. 1

some snipping of my stuff here...
--
Giant_Alex })))*
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

I suspect this is a later version of the Regno than the
one I was looking at. The publication this is in is dated
1917. The Optimo was another shutter also made by Wollensak.
Older versions have a cocking lever at top right but later
ones have a push-button and a matching button for tripping.
This sounds similar.

It exactly does.

The hole near the tripping button is probably for a
fitting for a cable release. The later version probably no
longer has the air cylinder for an air release.

Okay, but there are no threads there.

You may want to open the shutter to see what's in it.
The front of the Regno is held in place by three screws on
the back.
There are some early Gundlach and Wollensak catalogues
on the Camera Eccentric site at:

http://www.cameraeccentric.com I think he may also have
the booklet on serviceing "Inter-Lens Shutters" on that
site, I know I've seen in on-line somewhere.

Yes I saw it, it seems there are two pages for each shutter, one is
text and the other shows the workings with the cover removed.
Doesn't make sense.

My Gundlach catalogue which is dated March 1926 shows
the No.1 T-R to be a 6-3/4 inch lens for 4x5 plates. The
individual cells a Front, 14" Rear, 11" Does that sound
right for your lens?

Actually I havn't received the lens yet, it is in transport via UPS
and will be here tomorrow on the 18th. I have seen other images
of GTRs showing letter engravings on the outer side of the rims
which are not showing in pics I did see, which I saved to my hard
drive. I must have a pretty early one. But they they made them
for a long enough time and must have been kept as standards for
model numbers, I suspect it must be the same as your '26 catalogue.
Which is fine with me, I have "something" of a 4x5... lol.

--
---
Richard Knoppow