Old November 19th 04, 01:19 PM
Bart van der Wolf

"John Doe" wrote in message
I have that was the first thing I did. The new one does the same

thing.

Your top-posting and lack of snipping makes it a bit difficult to
understand what remark you're responding to. However, assuming it was
about Canon's 14 day replacement policy, you seem to be either
unfortunate or the lens(es)/Battery pack cause the issue.

I've recently bought two 20Ds, and both do fine, you've tried two 20Ds
and both have problems. What's the pattern here? Also, you suggest in
other posts that you and others have post 1.05 problems, however I'm
unable to find them. Maybe you can point them out?

Sure there seem to be occasional lens contact errors (never
experienced one myself), but those are not related to the early
lock-up issue. Lens contact issues have existed forever, and they
always will. I do think there is a poor contact issue with the
optional Battery pack, but that's not firmware related either.

Bart

"Douglas MacDonald" wrote in message

SNIP
If what you say is true "John Doe". Why have you not taken your

camera
back and had it replaced under Canon's 14 day replacement policy?

Maybe if
you let someone know exactly what your problem is(the camera one I

mean),
you might get some advise.

[...]