Old May 28th 10, 07:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
nospam

Default Canon and Panasonic: updated models

In article XNTLn.5310$z%6.360@edtnps83, Dudley Hanks
wrote:

The sad thing about John is that, as has been previously pointed out, his
comments seem more intended to justify his purchase than to explore the art
/ science of picture taking.

very true, and he considers anything other than what he purchased is
junk. point out an advantage of a different product and it's "i don't
need that feature." that's wonderful but other people might.

As a recent purchaser of a superzoom, I like it, and I believe it can
produce better pics than my Rebel XSi in a limited number of situations, but
the overall nod has to go to the DSLR because of the larger sensor and lens
interchangeability.

of course. it depends whether someone wants convenience and portability
versus quality and flexibility. there's a reason why pro photographers
don't use compact digicams.