Old October 22nd 06, 12:50 AM posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wayne J. Cosshall

Default New Foto Tip by Mark Alberhasy - A Perspective on Lenses

The thing is, yes we all know this but many others don't. It is easy to
forget that new people are coming to photography all the time as a new
hobby, or moving up in their attention to it. Things like stepping back
and using a longer lens has to be learned. And even using the feet
instead of the zoom has to be learned.

It is not automatic, especially now that the standard lens sold with
effectively all cameras is a zoom. For beginners, zooms give the
impression you can stay in one spot and get a range of results, which
you can. But learning that this is not always what you want to do needs
to be taught. It is one of the many things we have to teach students.

Cheers,

Wayne
--
Wayne J. Cosshall