Old June 23rd 12, 05:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.phot.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Charles E. Hardwidge[_2_]

Default [SI] Proposed shoot in

"watchmaker" wrote in message

[I prefer to repair watches at least 50 years old, and steadfastly refuse
to repair quartz watches. The cheapest quartz watch is about 1,000 times
more accurate than the most expensive Patek Phillippe mechanical watch...]

http://www.watchmatchmaker.com/1_men...er-speaks.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Co-axial_escapement

I remember watching an interview with George Daniels (?) You couldn't help
but be caught up by his enthusiasm for his craft and the accuracy of his
watches in comparison to modern quartz watches. His invention of the
co-axial escapement was genius and had a mesmerising and sensual beauty to
its movement.

--
Charles E. Hardwidge