Old October 16th 09, 06:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Gavin Jace

Default Nikon D3S (12.1 Mpix, FF, very high ISO, HD video)

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 16:09:45 GMT, "David J Taylor"
wrote:

"Peter" wrote in message
[]
Would you please explain this concept in English? I know about SNR and
why I get more noise at a higher ISO, but I don't understand the
difference between read noise and shot noise.

See:

http://www.spamlinksnipped.com/image...mance.summary/

and related pages.

David

Except that that is nothing but blatant misinformation. He posts those
findings to slant them toward his own cameras, trying to justify his own
purchases. He never takes into account any newer technology that destroys
the results of all his old biases. Then idiots like you regurgitate those
pages to perpetuate his nonsense because you know no better.