Old July 10th 09, 07:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_11_]

Default canon SX10is - max memory card capacity

John Turco wrote:
[]
Hello, David:

My first digicam (Largan "Lmini 350") couldn't even use external
storage, as it was limited to its own, paltry 2MB of internal memory!

The next two cameras (DC3200 and DX3900, both Kodak products) took CF,
and I marvelled at how little (in physical dimensions) the cards were.

Beginning with a secondhand DX6490, all of my various Kodak models are
SD-based. Now, SD puppies are truly tiny -- and that's without
counting microSD, I might add. ;-)

In some respects, John, I am glad to see the back of CF cards, preferring
the slide contacts on SD to the embedded pins on the CF socket. Micro-SD
I do have for the GPS, but I am more careful when I change that (as a
day's trek is usually well under a megabyte, and as that card has some
1400MB free, I don't need to remove it all that often.

I use a mixture of 2GB SD and 4GB SD-HC now. For my purposes I haven't
found card speed to be a limiting factor - the camera buffer is enough,
although the faster reading of higher-speed cards and an optimised USB 2.0
hi-speed setup is nice.

Cheers,
David