Old June 28th 09, 02:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Clair Johnston

Default canon SX10is - max memory card capacity

yirgster wrote:
Thanks for your responses, but I'm not sure they addressed what I'm
concerned about.

That a memory card is available in a certain capacity does not imply,
by itself, that the camera can support that capacity. I've run into
this before. E.g., card can be 4GB, but camera only supports a max of
2GB.

From your answers I infer that the SX10is will support whatever
capacity the card has? Is this correct? That is, what is the maximum
card capacity that the camera will in fact support (and not
necessarily the maximum capacity of cards of that type).

That's what my question was or should have been, and what I couldn't
find on the various websites.

On Jun 27, 7:04 pm, J rgen Exner wrote:
yirgster wrote:
Max memory capacity for th Canon SX10is?
I couldn't find it anywhere.

According tohttp://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/canon_sx10is.aspit
supports. SD/SDHC/MMC cards.

SD is limited to 2GB, SDHC in the current specification is limited to
32GB.

jue

My wife is currently using a 4G SDHC card in her SX10IS and it works
fine to full capacity. The camera recognizes and writes to my 8G SDHC
card, but we never tied it to capacity. My view, is that unless you are
recording movies, anything over 4G is overkill. I use 8G cards in my
Nikon D300, but that is because I occasionally record in RAW.

I would expect that the SX10IS will work fine with the 32G SDHC cards
unless there is a problem with the card.

Clair