Old April 16th 08, 05:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ken Hart[_3_]

Default How about using foam swabs for lens cleaning?

"CanonAE14fun" wrote in message
I know that cotton swabs can be used, but it seems to me that the foam
swabs are lint-free,where the cotton swabs might not be...

Some foam swabs may react with cleaning products, creating a gummy mess--
try it on a window glass first.

Foam swabs would hold the cleaning chemical in their 'cells', cotton swabs
will 'wick' the cleaning chemical away from the point of contact.

Personnally, I would use cotton swabs mainly because they are readily
available and foam swabs not so much. If you have a source for them, try it
out.