Old July 7th 05, 08:03 PM
measekite

David J Taylor wrote:

per wrote:

Here are other comparisons between those:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canons2is/page8.asp
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canons2is/page9.asp

Yes, and the ISO 400 shots show how the noise reduction algorithms differ
between the two cameras, with the Panasonic retaining sharpness, while
perhaps the Canon has lower noise! Plenty to choose from.....

David

The only conclusive statement that I can make at the present time is
that they are differences and they are noticeable. However, I cannot
tell if one is considered better quality over the other. I am not even
sure which I like better and when I can express a preference it does not
always point to the same camera.

The only thing that I can categorically state is.

Favor Panasonic - Black Body, Lens Hood and Filter Ring, smaller and
lighter, currently cheaper

Favor Canon - Leader in making digital cameras, swiveling lcd, better
movie mode