Old July 7th 05, 07:44 PM
measekite

Are you saying that this is not an honest comparison and one should not
rely on it?

David J Taylor wrote:

measekite wrote:

What is your take on the rest of the images. It seems that the color
of the Canon, especially in the portraits, are more realistic (at
least on the screen. I eventually will run them throught photoshop
auto.xxx and print them) and that the Canon prints result in more
pleasing color. It also appears even on the house image that the
Canon colors appeared true. Maybe I do not know what to look for.

The only one where colour struck me was the flash photo, where the Canon
(at least on the thumbnail) was wildly different on the background between
the with and without flash. Apart from that, every digital camera will
produce a slightly different colour rendition and this, coupled with
differences in printers, probably means that no camera and printer will
produce an accurate colour rendition, so all will need adjustment one way
or another.

Given that the images of the house were taken over two months apart (look
at the EXIF information on the JPEGs), how can one expect the colours to
be the same? Actually, there's some critical point I'm missing here -
given that the images were taken two months apart, how can the angle of
the sun be exactly the same? These aren't images of real objects, but
images of other images! No way can you compare the colour rendition
unless you are buying a camera to photograph other photographs.

Cheers,
David