Old September 18th 04, 04:32 PM
Eager

Bill -- what an excellent review of papers for the 2200 and 4000. I can
confirm from experience that you're spot-on abou the standard Epson
papers -- Luster, Semi-gloss, and gloss. I have no experience with the
art papers, but with your advice, I'll try some.

I also want to mention the Red River papers --
http://www.redrivercatalog.com/sbprinter/epson2200.htm

I've ordered their version of luster paper, which they claim has a
no-fade life with Ultrachrome inks as long as the Epson brand stuff,
though the Red River paper is something like half the price or less --
less than 50 cents a sheet in Super B size. So far I'm pleased with the
output.

-=-Joe

In article , Bill Hilton
wrote:

I have a 2200 and a 4000 and have tried probably 15 papers in them. "Image
quality" is excellent with any of the Epson papers and print life is also
pretty high with all of them with the Ultrachrome Inks so it boils down to a
question of taste, ie, what looks best to YOU.

FWIW, for portraits we prefer the Premium Luster and use it on all the
portrait
prints we sell. You'll need the Photo Black ink for this one. The Semi-Gloss
is also nice for a more "photo" look, with Photo Black ink. The Premium
Glossy
Photo Paper (PGPP) looks fine and glossy but if there are large areas of black
and you tilt the paper between 20 and 45 degrees or so you'll probably notice
what's called "bronzing", so we don't use this paper much.