Old March 15th 11, 01:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mr. Strat

Default "Use your viewfinder to avoid annoying those in the audience"

In article , SMS
wrote:

Was at a concert last week at my kid's high school, and before it
started there were the usual requests to a) turn off your cell phones,
b) no flash photography, c) don't use LCDs on camcorders or cameras, use
the viewfinder.

As usual there were the annoying people in the audience recording the
entire performance with the LCD illuminated the whole time. I wonder if
the concertmaster even realized how few new P&S cameras and camcorders
even have a viewfinder any more.

I just shake my head when I see people using the LCD instead of the
viewfinder especially with DSLRs that have a live feed.