Old July 22nd 04, 06:16 PM
AW

Default Nikon VR 28-70 28 AFS Lens

Why would you need both?

To reduce depth of field and blur background!

"Lourens Smak" wrote in message
"Alparslan" wrote:

Are we going to see this lens any time soon? I think it is reasonable to
expect Nikon will come out with such a lens? Any rumors? Regards.

VR will be difficult to combine with the F2.8 speed, especially in a
wide-to-tele zoom. Plus, the added VR makes it possible to do without
the F2.8... simply use F4 and a longer shutterspeed. Why would you need
both? also, the 28-80 zoom-range sucks for digital, and F2.8 pro-lenses
will mostly (or even only) be used with digital.

So: it's not very likely this lens will ever become available.
now, a 50-135mm F2 DX, that would be something...

Lourens