Old June 15th 18, 05:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default Question for you Apple crazies

On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 22:25:58 -0400, "J.Albert"
wrote:

On 6/13/18 10:08 PM, Bill W wrote:
Most important, is there any point in shopping around for the best
price on a Macbook Pro, or is the pricing pretty much fixed?

Sometimes shopping around can save $100-200.
You can also buy Apple-factory refurbished units (almost
indistinguishable from new, same 1-year warranty as new).

I wouldn't buy a 2016-2017 MacBook Pro due to problems with
the keyboards. VERY expensive repair if needed out-of-warranty.

I prefer the 2015 design -- better all around with a
keyboard that doesn't break and a full complement of legacy
ports.

Thanks. I'll have to do some research on those keyboards.