Old June 4th 13, 01:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Adobe - Photoshop and their "Subscriptions"

I have been a Photoshop user since the very first release of the
software for the PC way back in what, 1990? 1994?? Both personal and
at all of the screenprinting companies I managed over the years and
right up to my own personal photography work. I looked at GIMP once,
Same with COREL..... and a few other wannabe's.

Through all the years I've been a loyal Adobe customer and never
really considered anything else as the Photoshop products always did
well for me.

Over the weekend I purchased a Nikon D3200 camera. This camera uses
NEF-Compressed RAW format. I use Photoshop CS3 mostly out of laziness
in updating. Also though there is the cost with seeming annual
upgrades. CS3 did everything I need it to do so if it ain't broken
don't fix it.

if cs3 was doing everything you needed all this time, then you don't
need to update to cs6 or creative cloud.

photoshop elements for $60 is all you need.

rest of your rant snipped.