Old June 4th 13, 12:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Adobe - Photoshop and their "Subscriptions"

I have been a Photoshop user since the very first release of the
software for the PC way back in what, 1990? 1994?? Both personal and
at all of the screenprinting companies I managed over the years and
right up to my own personal photography work. I looked at GIMP once,
Same with COREL..... and a few other wannabe's.

Through all the years I've been a loyal Adobe customer and never
really considered anything else as the Photoshop products always did
well for me.

Over the weekend I purchased a Nikon D3200 camera. This camera uses
NEF-Compressed RAW format. I use Photoshop CS3 mostly out of laziness
in updating. Also though there is the cost with seeming annual
upgrades. CS3 did everything I need it to do so if it ain't broken
don't fix it.

My research and updating of CS3 let to naught as those of you in the
"know" will nod your heads to. So I figured I would call Adobe and
learn what the cost would be to upgrade.

Imagine my surprise when I learned of Adobe's current Subscription
demands to have the privilege of using their products.

I understand some Harvard MBA's brilliant idea in try to develop a
"locked in" customer base. I mean isn't that what every business
wants? A SECURE market share! I understand some Fisk Economics PhD
coming up with the idea that a steady flow of cash would be far easier
to manage than the normal ebb and flow of cash trending. It cuts into
your sailing and golf time to actually have to MANAGE your cash flow
doesn't it?

So now I am faced now with being a long time and loyal customer of yet
another economic STEAMROLLER in the form of a massive corporation that
begs for my hard earned $$$ without wanting to work as hard at
customer SERVICE as I must in MY business.

This locked in customer base, whether it is a 2 year cell phone
CONTRACT or an ongoing subscription for the privilege of using Adobe's
products is, in my humble Opinion complete and utter bull****.

Let's try this concept: Develop a Superior Product. Sell it at a fair
market price by BUILDING VALUE in your product. THEN secure your
market share through EXEMPLARY customer service and support! THAT is
how you build a LOYAL customer base and market share!

In short I would like all these overpaid MBA's to go a little OLD
SCHOOL and learn what CUSTOMER SATISFACTION is all about and what
satisfied customers mean to the health of a major company. Didn't they
teach you in your MBA classes that Loyal customers grow from HAPPY and
PLEASED buyers that perceive VALUE form the spending of their hard
earned dollars on your products!

That's not good enough for the Marketing Gestapo today though. They
know that the state of customer service in America today is pathetic!
They KNOW they cannot compete toe to toe AND **** off their clientele
with crappy service! So, they figure a captive clientele is better.

No It's not! Now I find alternatives to Photoshop. When I leave a
company with my loyalty crapped on...I will never go back.

This is going to hurt Adobe badly...... Oh and the ONLY people diving
feet first into this CLOUD bull**** like Adobe and every other company
is touting so heavily.......is the WORST idea EVER. You might as well
give your sensitive information to the Taliban!

Farewell Adobe...... It's been nice but I'm done with y'all!