Old March 16th 12, 09:34 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Default First time owner of a 35mm Camera

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

There's much more difference than that; vertical shutters are metal
blades, whereas horizontal ones are cloth curtains. Completely
different designs. I don't think the angle issues you're raising have
any relevance at all to why different shutters are chosen for various
cameras.

The shutters in the F2 and F3 were a titanium foil alloy, not cloth. I
don' know what was in an F.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, N3OWJ/4X1GM
My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(