Old December 29th 07, 09:02 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
russ templeton

Default STAREDOWN WITH THE 40D !

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 18:38:20 -0800 (PST), Scott W wrote:

On Dec 28, 4:32*pm, Noons wrote:
On Dec 29, 1:20 pm, Annika1980 wrote:

Whenever the 40D goes out to shoot on a rainy day, it always
attracts some stares.

That is an actual size crop, BTW.

finally! something that is not ridiculously
over-sharpened. good shot!

When you are use to soft images from your film scans any decently
sharp image will look over sharpened to you.

In this case we are looking at a 100% crop and it is very sharp for a
100% crop, but down size a bit and it would look "over-sharpened" to
your eyes.

Scott

I've got about 150 shots just like it, or much better, taken over the years with
P&S cameras. What was the point of posting something so ordinary that anyone can
do with any camera?

Just to waste our bandwidth? To appease your need for attention?

I don't get it.

You could have at least done something about that rotten white-balance that your
camera created. A deer's coat isn't magenta. Get your monitor adjusted, or get a
better camera, or something. How about some talent, see if you can buy that
somewhere while you're at it.

What a waste of time.