Old October 26th 13, 03:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Apple gives a new meaning to solid state.

In article , PeterN
wrote:

You don't have to be a geek to install memory.

depends what you call a geek. most people aren't interested in opening
up the computer to install parts, even if it's easy.

you don't need to be an auto mechanic to change a flat tire but most
people don't want to deal with that either.

But you are probably
right in this case. IIRC Lenovo wanted $240 more for 16gig. I paid under
$100. I do admit, that I got a deal on it, as I found a place that was
going out of business. Otherwise it owuld have cost me $160, from
Crucial. Still a savings.

apple currently charges $200 for 16 gig ddr3 1600 memory.

that's *less* than lenovo charges, presumably for the same spec memory.
it'd be much worse if lenovo charges more for lower spec memory.

so much for apple being more expensive.

$40 to have the memory preinstalled and fully warranted by one company
is well worth it to many people. no hassles and it just works. if
anything goes wrong, it will be fixed, without anyone blaming it on
faulty third party memory.