Old October 26th 13, 02:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Apple gives a new meaning to solid state.

On 2013-10-26 01:00:40 +0000, "MC" said:

nospam wrote:

how many people repair their own laptops? not very many.

Maybe not but they should be, at least, repairable or servicable
without it being cheaper to buy a new one. Come on, at least you
should be able to replace a battery, especially at the price these
products sell for. I mean, they are hardly disposable... or are they?
If so, clever Apple for reeling in those with more money than sense.

Still, Apple is Apple and there will always be the brand whores who
will buy their products, whatever the cost and design. And, I suppose,
that is Apple's strength. Their business model relys on being cult
status and having "brainwashed" their users over the years into
believing their products are better than anything else, when really
they are not. Good luck to them, I say, although the easily led will
not fall for it forever.

MC

It seems that for the sceptic future MacBook buyers, buying AppleCare
is going to be pushed by Apple and other official resellers.

As far as I am concerned, my MBP 17'' is tough as nails, and still
works just fine, and realistically I don't really have a need for
another laptop as my iPad is pretty much filling that role these days.
If anything, one of these days I will probably upgrade to a new 128GB
iPad and keep my battered old MBP for those other odd traveling tasks.

Here is what my battered MBP looks like after taking a drop out of a
case onto my driveway. Not pretty, but it works just fine.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...IMG_0382Ew.jpg

Savageduck