Old September 15th 14, 07:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Lenses and sharpening

Savageduck wrote:

All adjustments made to *Smart Objects*, in Photoshop terms, are
non-destructive.

true, but i was thinking of lightroom where no additional steps are
required because everything is non-destructive.

These days with my LR+PS workflow many of my images make a round trip
from LR to PS and back to LR have all the layers retained. If I need a
JPEG I use the LR export dialog.

very few of mine need photoshop anymore.

Yup! That is quite a different non-destructive process which quite a
few here have yet to grasp even though they own LR.

Since this thread relates to the application of USM and/or other
sharpening, I left LR out of the discussion. I am still unsure of what
Alfred uses for his post processing.

lightroom does usm.

with photoshop, the user has to take additional steps to be
non-destructive.

Once you have developed a PS non-destructive workflow, it is easy
enough to execute.

it's not hard, but it is additional steps that aren't needed in
lightroom which is non-destructive by design.