Old September 15th 14, 06:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Lenses and sharpening

On 2014-09-15 16:39:45 +0000, (Floyd L. Davidson) said:

nospam wrote:
In article , Floyd L. Davidson
wrote:

UnSharpMask is not reversible.

it is with a non-destructive workflow.

I'm sorry that you don't understand the meaning of that.

I know your feelings regarding Photoshop, but using Adobe's *Smart
Object* concept provides a different level of non-destructive workflow.
Creating a new adjustment layer and converting it to a *Smart Object*
gives one the ability to apply any filter, including USM and any of the
other sharpening tools or filters to that *Smart Object*.
If the particular adjustment results are not to one's liking, then
double clicking on that filter in the *Smart Object* layer will reopen
the filter dialog to allow changes to the filter parameters.
In the case shown below I have applied USM to a *Smart Object* and I
can return to it as often as I want to adjust the USM parameters, all
non-destructively.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_900.jpg

All adjustments made to *Smart Objects*, in Photoshop terms, are
non-destructive.

I fully expect you to tell me I am wrong.

Savageduck