Old May 15th 12, 03:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Trevor[_2_]

Default Interesting Leica product announcements today ...

"David Dyer-Bennet" wrote in message
We don't have his exact camera. However, ALL the cameras we do have (or
have writings about) from that period using a three-exposure system took
them sequentially, not simultaneously. It does seem like simultaneous
exposures were technically possible, but it doesn't seem that anybody
actually did them.

I can't see how you can avoid color fringing on water and clouds without
simultaneous exposure or serious post processing.

I haven't tried reconstructing the Nilova Monastery picture myself, but
the individual scans are on the loc.gov site. That would quickly tell
you if the colored ripples were removed in post-processing or were
absent from the picture, at least. The water does NOT look absolutely
flat. I could believe the clouds were moving slowly enough not to give
visible fringing, but I'm not so sure about the water.

It's very rare the clouds will stay still long enough either for the time
needed to change filters and take 3 exposures without some fringing either.

I'm just saying, all these things would have been well known to P-G through
experience. IF the Nilova photo and others are not heavily doctored, I'm
betting he used a 3 lens camera, or 3 cameras simultaneously. Of course he
would only have done that after using a single camera/lens and discovering
the problem in the first place.

Trevor.