Old January 21st 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

Default Leftover thriftiness from you film days?

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:38:09 -0800, Juan Moore Beer wrote:

In my film days, I would try not to waste too many shots, possibly
because of the extra time and expense for developing.

I find myself still not taking as many shots as I could, even though I
can take a quick look at them on the LCD and zap them in an instant.
This weekend, I was traveling a few hours north, and had an extra three
or four hours to kill. I found some nice scenery, but still only took
about a dozen pictures, most of which I will keep. There were only a
few "shots" I regret not taking, and that was only because it was too
darn cold for me to get out of the car again ;-)

Do you take more pictures than you would have with film, or is the
restraint more based on quality than cost?

--------

It has taken a while, but I shoot more now. I still find that I will
'work' a little to get a good composition - I tend to not 'waste' many
shots though, certainly, some are better than others.