Old May 6th 04, 08:07 PM
Q.G. de Bakker

Default Rule of f16

Trevor Longino wrote:

As a photography student, I've had the "Rule of Sunny f16" drilled in to

me.
I know with a 35mm what all the rules of thumb are; are they the same for

6x9?

The "rule" is about light intensities, not formats.
The sun is the same, ISO film speed does not change, apertures are
apertures, shutterspeeds are still the same duration, only the size of the
piece of film is different.
They should have drilled that into you, instead of some dodgy rule.
;-)

I also usually overexpose my negatives about a half a stop to help get
a littl emore detail out of my highlights. Is this still neccessary with a
medium format?

Uhm... "The sun is the same, [etc]."
;-)